Here are some tips and tricks to know before going wig shopping.
Many Carnival revelers like to stand out among the sea of parade-goers with eye-catching costumes. Midori Tajiri-Byrd, committee chair of the 2018 Big Wig Ball, says Carnival is an excuse to get more colorful, especially by throwing on a wig. Opting for a wig not only makes you visible in the crowd to get more throws, it can also keep your hair looking good during the entire parade. In the video, Tajiri-Byrd takes us wig shopping at Kawaii Nola and offers some great tips to consider before purchasing a wig.
Tajiri-Byrd also pinpointed some local New Orleans shops you can turn to when shopping for your Carnival costume:
Wigs, Costumes, Accessories and Makeup
- Kawaii Nola: 4826 Magazine Street
- Miette: 2038 Magazine Street
- Uptown Costume & Dancewear: 4326 Magazine Street
Vintage and Costume
- Miss Claudia’s Vintage Clothing & Costumes: 4202 Magazine Street
- No Fleas Market: 4228 Magazine Street
- Buffalo Exchange: 4119 Magazine Street
- The New Orleans Costume Center: 2716 Royal Street
Happy wig shopping!
Photo courtesy: Lady Robin Walker
You may also like: