It's just one way to say thanks.
Many restaurants are saying thank you on this Veterans Day to our brave men and women by offering discounts or free meals.
Veterans Day is Sunday, Nov. 11, but it will be observed nationally Monday, Nov. 12. Some of these deals will be honored on only one day or both days. Before you go to any of these locations, call ahead to check on that, and to make sure the restaurant in your area is honoring the deal as listed on Offers.com.
- Applebee’s – Free entree for Veterans. Simply show proof of military service, such as a U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, DDT214 Citation or Commendation, your U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, a Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) or your Veterans Organization Card.
- Bob Evans – Veterans can get a free meal ordered from a special Veterans Day menu, available Nov. 11 at all location.
- Bonefish Grill – Active and retired service members with valid military ID get a complimentary Bang Bang Shrimp on Nov. 11.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Free small boneless or traditional wings and fries for all veterans or active-duty service members. Dine-in only.
- Chili’s – Free entree to veterans and active military on Veterans Day. At participating Chili’s restaurants, you can choose from entrees on this menu.
- Chipotle – Buy-one-get-one (BOGO) promotion. Valid on burritos, bowls, salads and taco orders. All active duty military, reserves, national guard, military spouses and retired military with a valid U.S. military ID and veterans with ID, are eligible for a BOGO at all Chipotle restaurants in the U.S. on Veterans Day.
- Denny’s – Free Build Your Own Grand Slam for observed Veterans Day (Nov. 10) 5 a.m. to noon at participating locations. Valid for inactive and military personnel with a valid military ID. Includes choice of breakfast items such as two fluffy buttermilk or hearty wheat pancakes, two eggs cooked to order, two sizzling bacon strips or hash browns.
- Friendly’s – Free breakfast, lunch or dinner at Friendly’s to veterans and active military with a valid military ID or honorable discharge card on Nov. 11. The free breakfast includes the Big-Two-Do Breakfast, and lunch/dinner includs the All-American Burger with fries.
- Golden Corral– All Military veterans, retirees and active duty members get a free meal from 5 – 9 p.m. Sunday.
- Hooter’s – All veterans who purchase a beverage will receive a free entrée from the Hooters Veterans Day Menu. Dine-in only.
- Little Caesars – Free lunch combo on Nov. 11 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Includes four slices of deep-dish pizza and a 20-ounce Pepsi product. Must show proof of service. Order must be placed before 2 p.m.
- Logan’s Roadhouse – Military eats free from the American Roadhouse Meals menu from 3 to 6 p.m. Beverage not included.
- O’Charley’s – Free meal for vets and active duty military Nov. 11 and 12. Order from the Veterans Thank You Menu. Show military ID or proof of service.
- Olive Garden – Free entree from a special menu to active-duty military and military veterans on Veterans Day. The special menu features six of Olive Garden’s most popular items. Entrees are served with unlimited homemade soup or famous house salad and warm, garlic breadsticks.
- On the Border – Enjoy a free Create-Your-Own Combo 2 Meal.
- Red Robin – Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Fries for veterans and active-duty military on Nov. 11. No purchase necessary. Show proof of service. Dine-in only.
- Texas Roadhouse – Active, former or retired military can order from special Veterans Day Menu. Lunch includes choice of iced tea, sweet tea, soft drink or coffee. Present Military ID card, Veterans Affairs card or discharge papers. Dine-in only.
Appetizers and treats
- Cracker Barrel – Complimentary crafted coffee, traditional espresso beverage (iced or hot) OR a slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola® Cake for all veterans and active duty military.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Free donut for veterans and active-duty military on Nov. 11. Show military ID. Not purchase necessary, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.
- Krispy Kreme – Free small coffee and choice of doughnut.
- IHOP – Free order of Red, White & Blue Pancakes for retired and active-duty military personnel on Monday, November 12 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. at participating IHOP locations.
- Starbucks – A free tall (12oz) hot brewed coffee for veterans, active-duty service members, and spouses.
- Red Lobster – A free appetizer or dessert to veterans, active-duty military & reservists. Valid on November 11-12.
- Ruby Tuesday – Free appetizer for all veterans & active duty members.
- Outback Steakhouse – Free Bloomin’ Onion and beverage for all active, retired military veterans. Military members will get 20% off their check from November 12 through November 16.