Say goodbye to traditional salsa.
Okay, so trust us on this: Blueberry salsa.
Say goodbye to boring, traditional salsa. It is time to welcome blueberries to the party.
This blueberry salsa recipe mixes fresh fruit with some classic salsa ingredients to create a sweeter salsa that is still big on flavor. It may sound strange, but it’s absolutely delicious. It’s so good, you might never go back.
Check out the demo in the video above, and then scroll on below for the recipe.
Blueberry salsa recipe
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (2 cups rough chopped, 1 cup whole)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced poblano pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Rough chop 2 cups of blueberries with a food processor. Save remaining 1 cup of blueberries for the next step.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well and let chill briefly before serving.
Now that you’ve got a killer homemade salsa, try making your own tortilla chips:
Copyright 2018 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.