This Southern staple is well worth making yourself.
Pimento cheese is a Southern favorite that is surprisingly easy to make yourself. If the idea of homemade pimento cheese is one that intrigues you, read on!
So there are other recipes out there, but this one is pretty special. Not only is it easy to execute, but it also has a fairly unique spin. We took this classic dish and added monterey jack for a more mild flavor that you’re going to love.
Trust us, this works. Check out the recipe below and watch the video above for an easy-to-follow demo.
Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, hand shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, hand shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Hand shred cheddar and monterey jack cheese.
- In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Add additional ingredients and stir until combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour.
If you’re looking to take this recipe a step further, give THIS a try!
Copyright 2018 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.