‘Spot on Manhattan’ from the ‘Manhattan Experience’
Richmonder Sophia Kim competed in the final round of the Manhattan Experience.
Kim, who works at Saison, was one of six finalists who competed for the grand prize of “The Master of the Manhattan” and an all-expense paid trip for two to London.
This cocktail competition that gave mixologists across North America a chance to showcase their skills by creating their own twist on the signature cocktail. Over 1,000 people entered, she won her region and moved on to NYC for the Top 6 showdown!
She didn’t win the competition but she says she still feels like a winner!
Here is Sophia’s recipe:
- 2 oz. Woodford Reserve Rye
- 1/2 oz. Cynar
- 1/2 oz. Amontillado sherry
- Barspoon Pedro Ximinez sherry
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 drop saline* (Dilute one part salt with 10 parts water)
You may also like THIS!