Spanish Sangria: Will It Grill?
It’s light, fruity, and goes well with dinner, swimming pools, and our just chilling on the porch. But will Spanish Sangria grill? The answer: Yes.
We gave it the grilled treatment so it had a unique, smoky flavor. Check out how in the video and look at the recipe below.
Grilled Spanish Sangria
- 1 bottle of red wine (a medium bodied red wine like Garnacha, Merlot or Tempranillo)
- 1 bottle soda water or champagne to top off
- ¼ – ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups stemmed seedless red grapes
- 2 oranges, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- 2 lemons, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wheels
- lime wheels for garnish
Heat Grill to high. In a grill basket, add grapes. Cook until they begin to burst, tossing occasionally, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool completely.
While grapes cool, dip cut half of oranges and lemon into sugar, and grill, turning once, until lightly charred, about 6 minutes.
In a large pitcher, combine wine and sugar, stir to combine. Add fruit, and top with soda water or champagne. Add more sugar to taste, or less as desired.
For more answers to the question, “Will it grill?”, check out Knoxville Weekend.