The South doesn’t lack for fantastic beasts. But what happens when you square off one Southern creature against 15 others? That’s what we’re here to find out.
Introducing our Southern Creature Thunderdome, in which we give you, the reader, full control over the best mythical legend of the South. Which critter is best? Vote in our first round of voting to make your opinion heard.
Voting has now closed! Who is the best creature of the South? Stay tuned…
Read more about some of the South’s greatest creature legends and myths.
- The unexplained origin of the Flatwoods Monster and how it terrified the nation
- The terrifying true story of the Bell Witch
- This 100-year-old Arkansas legend has a government protected sanctuary
- Have you heard of the Cajun legend of the Letiche?
- Urban legends fuel the tale of the Pope Lick Goat Man
- Everything you need to know about the Loveland Frog, Cincy’s wildest urban legend
- Two-toed Tom: The Southeast’s Reptilian Terror
- The Skunk Ape – Florida’s cryptid curiosity
- The Werewolf of Defiance is an Ohio local legend that still haunts
- Beware of these haunted creatures called Boo Hags
- Monsters in the Heartland: Big Muddy & Momo