Red, White & Blue Banana Pudding
This delicious, easy-to-make recipe mixes the South’s favorite dessert (banana pudding, duh) with fresh strawberries and blueberries to create the perfect 4th of July dessert.
- 5.1 oz package of vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- Package of fresh strawberries
- 4 large bananas
- Package of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Tub of whipped topping
- Box of vanilla wafer cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, combine package of vanilla instant pudding with 2 cups of milk (any kind will do). Whisk until all clumps are removed, and then refrigerate for 15 minutes so pudding can set.
- While pudding is setting, slice roughly 15 strawberries (could need more depending on size) and 4 large bananas. Set these aside.
- Once your pudding has set, fold in 1/2 cup of sour cream and 6 oz. of whipped topping. Then fold in all the sliced bananas.
- Layer the bottom of a rectangular dish with vanilla wafer cookies. Pour banana pudding on top until the cookies are covered. Then top evenly with whipped topping.
- Flag building time – Use fresh blueberries to create to create the stars portion of the flag in the upper left corner. Then use sliced strawberries to create the 13 stripes, allowing enough space between the strawberries for the whipped cream to act as the white stripes – Flag should begin and end with red (strawberry) stripes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Copyright 2016 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.