Recipe: The Perfect Cupcakes For Valentine’s Day
Everyone loves homemade baked goods.
To find the perfect cupcake recipe for Valentine’s Day, we stopped by Butter Blossoms Bakery in Charleston, South Carolina to meet with Co-Owner Emily Herr. She pulled out all the stops, sharing her recipe for Madagascar Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with a Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Buttercream Frosting. These cupcakes are a labor of love and are guaranteed to please.
To see how Emily makes these cupcakes, check out the video above.
Madagascar Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with a Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Buttercream Frosting:
Madagascar Vanilla Bean Cupcake
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Madagascar Vanilla Beans, seeded
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups best quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 2 tsp. raspberry extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large muffin tin with 18 cupcake wrappers.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. In mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Turn on mixer and blend together, scraping mixture down as needed. Add vanilla beans. While mixing, add eggs one at a time, giving each egg time to incorporate while increasing speed. Next, lower mixer to the first speed and begin incorporating the flour mixture and milk in three parts, alternating between the two and ending with the flour.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake wrappers and transfer tin into preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. When they are ready, remove baked cupcakes from the tin and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- While cupcakes are baking, pour heavy whipping cream into a pot and bring to a boil without searing the cream. Pour hot cream slowly into a mixing bowl filled with semi-sweet chocolate, slowly stirring throughout to avoid adding air bubbles. With chocolate completely melted and incorporated with the cream, ganache should have a smooth shiny finish. Set aside.
- For the frosting, add softened butter into a mixing bowl and begin mixing. While still mixing, add raspberry extract, scraping mixture down as needed. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time while slowly increasing mixer speed. Once it begins getting a creamy texture, stop mixer and add raspberry preserves. Mix slowly for another minute to combine.
- Construction time: Remove center from cooled cupcake using an extractor or paring knife. Fill cupcake with chocolate ganache until it reaches the top, careful not to overflow. Add frosting to the top of the cupcake (Feel free to get fancy using a piping bag). Decorate with fresh raspberry, sprinkles, or whatever else sounds fun.
Copyright 2016 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.