Eat, Drink, and be spooky
This Heartland Weekend let’s put the treat in trick-or-treat! We’re are turning Milano Cookies into mummies.
Let us spell this out for you: crisp cookies, rich layers of milk chocolate, covered in luxurious white chocolate.
Sounds deliciously spooky right?
Heartland Weekend’s Nichole Cartmell teamed up with KFVS12 Meteorologist Laura Wibbenmeyer and her girls to find out how to make this indulgent treat.
Our favorite part of this dessert, it’s easy to make! So easy, in fact, kids of any age can help.
Even better: there’s no baking involved in making Mummy Milano cookies.
The hardest part, according to Laura, is keeping little hands out of the bowl of melted chocolate!
“That’s one of the added bonuses, right? You have to taste every ingredient to be able to provide a good tastey treat for your friends.”
Laura is quick to say Mummy Milano Cookies are perfect for your next Halloween get together.
Mummy Milano Cookies
- 1 package (7.5 ounces) Double Chocolate Milano cookies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 32 black pearl sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the cookies out of the packaging and put them on the lined baking sheet.
- Combine the white chocolate chips and the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 25 seconds. Stir until melted or return to the microwave for a little longer. Add more vegetable oil if needed.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip in one cookie at a time. Spoon the melted chocolate over the top 2/3rds of each cookie. It may help to lightly tap the cookies on the edge of the bowl to get a nice even coating of chocolate.
- Place the dipped cookies on the prepared baking sheet and allow to completely dry.
- Place all the leftover white chocolate into a small plastic back or a frosting bag fitted with a #2 tip. Make sure the chocolate is still very melted, place in microwave for another 15 seconds if needed.
- Cut the very edge corner off of the bag and pipe the melted white chocolate over the cookies to form the “bandages” of the mummy.
- Place 2 sprinkle eyes on the wet chocolate.
- Let them dry and enjoy!
Like these? Check out these Homemade Twix Bars.