Best dip ever? Short answer - Yes!
Kickin’ Sausage Cheese Dip is a guaranteed crowd pleaser perfect for any holiday, cookout or get-together. This is consistently one of the most popular recipes we’ve ever shared, and for good reason … it’s delicious and simple to do. The dip itself requires just three ingredients, and again, it’s one of those recipes that’s basically perfect for any occasion. Need snack food for the big game? Or a holiday party? Or a cookout? You’re covered with this one for sure.
- Related: Artichoke dip with ham
And the best part – You can pick up all the ingredients for less than $10!
Some people like to get a touch fancier with this dish, and that’s cool too. Subbing in different kinds of cheeses and spices can make a dramatic effect, and even the addition of fresh veggies can brighten things up quite a bit. Good news: This dish is versatile and will allow for a lot of tweaking. But for the original recipe, just scroll down. And watch the video above for a convenient demo.
Kickin’ Sausage Cheese Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 16 oz. pork sausage
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained.
- Bag (or two) of tortilla chips
- Crumble and brown the sausage in a hot skillet. Drain grease once cooked.
- In a crockpot, combine cream cheese, sausage, and diced tomatoes and green chilies. Set crockpot to “high” and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all the ingredients come together and the dip reaches a creamy consistency, it is ready to serve. If you plan to keep the dip in the crockpot, reduce the heat to “low” or “keep warm.”
Loving this recipe? Check out this easy bacon cheddar dip as well. And for a ton more recipes, cooking tips and tricks, and even some really cool restaurant profiles, be sure to check out our Food channel.
Copyright 2016 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.