Capture the magic of the season.
‘Tis the season to deck the halls. If you’ve been bitten by the Pinterest bug, then we’ve got a project for you this holiday season. Why not decorate your own fresh wreath? Decorating Christmas wreaths is a fun activity that can take your holiday spirit to another level.
- Related: Keeping your Christmas tree healthy
Heartland Weekend takes you to Meier Horse Show Pines to find out how it’s done.
Decorate your own fresh wreath
Teresa Meier says with a little help she decorates more than 200 wreaths each holiday season. What’s more: no two are alike.
“I’ve got lots of help, my sister comes and some friends and we make it kind of a party.”
Here are a few of her tips and tricks:
- Pick a theme.
- Start with the bow. It’ll be your central focus.
- Pull together decorations that highlight and compliment your ribbon.
- Don’t over decorate. You want the natural beauty of your wreath to shine through.
- Cluster decorations in odd numbers. In nature, Meier says leaves, nuts, flower petals don’t typically grow on an even pattern.
- Use high-temperature hot glue to adhere your decorations to the wreath.
But most importantly Meier says:
“Just enjoy them and make them an important part of your Christmas.”
Good news: if you’d rather not do decorating Christmas wreaths yourself, Meier Horse Shoe Pines can do the decorating for you.
Pick up a fresh wreath from the Christmas shop on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.