How to: Arrange a Dozen Roses Yourself
Making your own beautiful flower arrangement is easier than you’d think! Here’s an easy step-by-step to arrange a dozen roses.
- paring knife
Follow these easy steps:
- Lay out the flowers and arrange them so their heads are even
- Measure the flowers next to the vase and determine the length desired and cut straight across.
- Take each stem individually and remove any foliage and thorns that will be below the rim of the vase.
- Fill vase approximately halfway full with clean water.
- Remove any damaged or torn petals from each flower as needed.
- Add the roses to the vase one at a time re-cutting each stem at an angle, this allows the flowers to drink.
- Trim foliage so that leaves are at or above the rim of the vase.
- Add foliage to fill vase
- Fine tune and adjust arrangement so that it is impressive from all sides.
The last step is to give them to someone special or just enjoy them yourself!