8 tips to make the best burger ever
It’s not hard to make the best burger ever. In fact, we bet you could do it in eight steps.
Make sure your grilling is on point with some tips from a burger master at the Burger Grind in Tyler, TX.
- Start with good meat. Use freshly ground meat with a high fat content. Either go to a butcher and get some that’s freshly ground. Or buy a good cut of meat and grind it at home. When looking at fat content, look for about a 75%-25% ratio instead of the 80%-20%.
- Portion it out. Form meat into 1/3 or 1/2 pound patties. And then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep the grill. Set the grill for 385 degrees. If you don’t have a grill with temperature settings, go for medium-high heat.
- Grilling time. Press the patties onto the grill and get a good 1/16 of an inch sear on both sides. Cook for a total of 8 minutes.
- Flip them only once! You should only have to flip the burger once. And once you’ve flipped it, don’t press down on it and let the grill do the work for you.
- Cheese, if you please. If you want to add cheese to the burger, use water and a steam technique to melt the cheese properly and thoroughly. Use a bottle with water to squirt water on the grill near the patty and use a lid to cover to allow the steam to build up for about 20/30 seconds.
- Toasty buns. Use a little butter on the inside of the bun and toast to your liking on the grill.
- Dress it up. Add your condiments! Pro tip: Put them on the bottom bun layer by layer and finish it off with the burger and the top bun.
There you have it, eight easy steps to the best burger ever!