They're magnificent American icons
Our friends at Heartland Weekend got up close and personal with the Budweiser Clydesdales.
The quintessential draft horses galloped into Cape Girardeau on Monday, April 2 for a week long visit.
Of course, we at Heartland Weekend had a ton of questions about these magnificent beauties.
Good news: the handlers were quick to answer.
5 things you probably didn’t know about the Budweiser Clydesdales:
- They must stand 18 hands high (or 6 feet tall)
- They must weight between 1,800 and 2,300 pounds
- They must be geldings at least 4 years old
- They must have four white stockings
- They were first introduced in 1933, after the repeal of Prohibition.