5 Things We Learned about the Budweiser Clydesdales
Our friends at Heartland Weekend got up close and personal with the Budweiser Clydesdales.
The quintessential draft horses galloped into Cape Girardeau on Monday, April 2 for a week long visit.
Of course, we at Heartland Weekend had a ton of questions about these magnificent beauties.
Good news: the handlers were quick to answer.
5 things you probably didn’t know about the Budweiser Clydesdales:
- They must stand 18 hands high (or 6 feet tall)
- They must weight between 1,800 and 2,300 pounds
- They must be geldings at least 4 years old
- They must have four white stockings
- They were first introduced in 1933, after the repeal of Prohibition.